Community Care Chemist is a mutual, not-for-profit company, limited by guarantee, which has been serving the Geelong community since 1898. As a not-for-profit, our surplus funds must be reinvested back into our business enabling us to better serve our members and local community.
To ensure that our members’ income remains income tax exempt, our members are required to contribute to the common fund. The membership fee satisfies this requirement.
Through this contribution you ensure that the surplus funds generated by our business are able to be reinvested back into our business and our wider, local community through our ‘Community Corner’ program.
The Community Care Chemist Member program runs in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below.
By joining the Community Care Chemist Member Program, you agree to be bound by Community Care Chemist’s Constitution and these Member Program Terms and Conditions and by any variations to them. By agreeing to be bound by the constitution of the society, you understand that a guarantee of $0.50 applies to this membership. A copy of the constitution is available on request from our Support Office.
These Member Program Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time without prior notification by Community Care Chemist in its absolute discretion. Despite anything to the contrary contained in this document, any modifications to the Member Program Terms may be applicable to a member retrospectively.
You may join the Community Care Chemist Member Program by signing up in a Community Care Chemist store. If you wish to benefit from the Community Care Chemist Member Program, your membership needs to be active.
Upon signing-up in-store you will be assigned a Community Care Chemist Member Code (and if you joined prior to June 1, 2019 a Healthy Rewards Card. Your Community Care Chemist Member Code (and Healthy Rewards Card, if issued) is for your personal use only and is not transferrable.
If you have been issued with a Healthy Rewards Card, it is your responsibility to keep it safe and to present it at the time of making a purchase in a Community Care Chemist store. If you do not have a Healthy Rewards Card you will be required to identify yourself by disclosing your personal details such as your full name and phone number. Community Care Chemist is entitled to regard the person presenting a Community Care Chemist Healthy Rewards Card as the genuine Member and is not responsible for stolen, lost or damaged Community Care Chemist Healthy Rewards Cards or for any misdirected, lost or not received benefits.
Community Care Chemist Healthy Rewards Cards remain the property of Community Care Chemist at all times.
By signing-up to the Community Care Chemist Member Program, you consent to:
- Community Care Chemist collecting personal information about you for the purpose of your participation to the Community Care Chemist Member Program;
- receiving communications from Community Care Chemist regarding Community Care Chemist latest products, offers and competitions;
- receiving communications from Community Care Chemist about third party products, discounts and offers which Community Care Chemist believes may be of interest to you. Community Care Chemist will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security and privacy of all your personal information and data collected from and about you.
- Community Care Chemist using and sharing your personal information with a service provider or agent retained by Community Care Chemist for the purposes of conducting market research, data warehousing, data analysis and advertising in the commercial interest of Community Care Chemist; and for the purpose of ensuring the proper functioning of the Community Care Chemist Member Program. Community Care Chemist will not otherwise disclose or permit the use of any of your personal information unless required by law.
It is the responsibility of the member to update their membership profile when their contact details change including but not limited to email address, phone number and mailing address. You may access and update your personal information at any time by visiting any one of Community Care Chemist store locations, emailing us at: email@example.com, or by calling us on (03) 5246 5800.
You may terminate your Membership of Community Care Chemist Member Program at any time and without reason by doing any of the following:
- emailing Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- calling Customer Service on (03) 5246 5800;
- giving written notice to Community Care Chemist, Attn: Community Care Chemist Member Program PO Box 26, Geelong VIC 3220.
Community Care Chemist may, acting reasonably, terminate or suspend your membership at any time if they believe that you have engaged in inappropriate conduct
Community Care Chemist reserves the right at any time without notice and in its absolute discretion to suspend, vary or terminate the Community Care Chemist Member Program and associated terms and conditions.
Community Care Chemist accepts no liability for any loss or damage associated with suspensions, variations, or terminations arising from the Community Care Chemist Member Program, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Community Care Chemist membership provides members with the following benefits:
- $10 health services voucher on sign-up
- Exclusive member offers1
- Exclusive member events1
- Community sponsorship
1May vary across brands, products, services and stores, as determined by Community Care Chemist and statutory requirements.